LUMA Vision is a start-up based in Dublin (Ireland) and Munich (Germany) developing cutting edge innovative imaging technologies to significantly advance healthcare and solve truly global unmet clinical needs. With creativity, passion and focus, we apply our best-in-class engineering and design knowhow to create new hardware, software and data science technologies.
To drive our application development, we are looking for an experienced Senior 3D medical image processing expert to join our growing interdisciplinary team. As a senior medical imaging data scientist at LUMA, you will be responsible for developing high quality and high-performance 3D reconstruction as well as 4D image processing and data-based algorithms for our cutting edge intra-operative imaging platform. You will be involved all the way from low level image reconstruction of ultrasound data to the registration, segmentation, and classification of highly challenging medical imaging data. As a key expert in LUMA, you will play a critical role in an early-stage startup environment and become part of a dynamic group of innovators, shaping the future of imaging in healthcare.
Your role with us
You love working with algorithms, software and product development to solve challenging problems in relation to complex medial image processing in practice. With your experience in working withing medical or industrial grade imaging systems, you develop algorithmic components from start to finish in python, C++ and Cuda C++.
You enjoy working with imaging data and developing as well as applying new methodologies to further advance our imaging capabilities. With your experience in low level signal processing as well as high level image processing, you coordinate development activities in your area of responsibility across the organisation to identify the best methodologies to maximize intra-operative imaging capabilities of the LUMA vision platforms.
With a strong technical background and solid understanding of algorithms and processing, you feel comfortable to work in highly complex technical environments, with the unique position to develop new approaches all the way from first concept throughout market approval.
In LUMA, you will work on a cutting edge imaging platform with C++20 and GPGPU programming, Git is used as code-repository and we use a CI pipelines to deploy to multiple platforms. Our algorithms are prototyped in Python and GPGPU and our image processing pipelines employ low-level signal processing all the way to advanced applications in AI.
What you offer
- BS or MS in computer science or related study background. PhD or publication record is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in 3D computer vision or (medical) image processing.
- Strong software development skills in Python and C++. Experience in CUDA is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in algorithmic developments towards complex image processing or computer vision with 3D or 4D imaging data.
- Strong experience in ultrasound image analysis as well as image formation and reconstruction is a plus.
- Foundational experience and interest in medical imaging with a focus on interventional guidance.
- Experience in working with large datasets and focus on establishing effective data management is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in the evaluation of methodologies toward scientific and clinical publication and dissemination.
- Hands-on creative and analytical mindset with creativity for problem-solving within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong work ethics with a team-oriented mindset. Startup experience is a plus.
- Open-minded personality and excellent communication skills in English are essential, German is a plus.
- Ability to travel from time to time.
What we offer
- Working on cutting edge imaging systems to the direct benefit of patients and improving healthcare.
- Becoming part of a dynamic, multi-national team of highly skilled individuals with a very strong focus on team culture and individual development.
- Connecting with a network of companies and innovators in the technical, clinical and business world from around the globe.
- Flexible working environment and an international culture as well as offices in Germany and Ireland.
LUMA Vision is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Would you like to become part of our team? We would love to hear from you and look forward to receiving your CV. Please apply for the position below.
Apply for this position
Form on all careers post pages. If you edit this you edit it on all careers post pages