WHO ARE WE?
LUMA Vision is a privately held, medical device company based in Dublin (Ireland) and Munich (Germany). The company designs and develops cutting edge innovative imaging technologies to significantly advance healthcare and solve global unmet clinical needs. We are developing a novel ultrasound-based cardiac imaging catheter for generating a volumetric view, imaging all structures around the catheter with an unprecedented field of view. With creativity, passion and focus, we apply our best-in-class engineering and design know-how to create new hardware, software and data science technologies.
To aid our product development, we are looking for a System Engineering Intern / Working Student to join our growing interdisciplinary team based in Munich. As a System Engineering Intern, you will play an important role in supporting the early-stage development of medical devices that are shaping the future of imaging in healthcare.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the R&D team with test case execution and documentation in preparation for regulatory approval, specifically supporting test method validation, incoming inspection testing, and test case execution at a system level.
- Support system configuration and setup for pre-clinical studies and pre-compliance evaluation.
- Work as a member of the R&D team to concept, prototype and test parts relating to the development and transfer to manufacturing of medical devices under design control for catheter-based imaging technologies.
- Analyze test data and report on the results to the design team.
- Build components and sub-assemblies using a combination of rapid prototyping technologies to support in the assembly and test of the product concepts.
- Contribute to the company’s growing intellectual property portfolio through innovation and invention.
- Exhibit a great attitude as a team player who excels in a demanding start-up environment.
- Learn about and understand the company’s quality policy and quality system requirements.
- Enrolled in a BS or MS program in biomedical / electrical engineering or a related study background
- Experience with instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of study at the university level
- Ability to analyze data and report on test results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs to work with data
- Hands-on mindset and creative problem-solver
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong work ethics with a team-oriented mindset
- Experience in a highly regulated or medical device industry is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working on cutting edge imaging systems to the direct benefit of patients and improving healthcare.
- Becoming part of a dynamic, multi-national team of highly skilled individuals with a strong focus on team culture and individual development.
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests.
- Flexible working environment in a startup with roots in Germany and Ireland – some travel may be required from time to time.
- Ergonomic workplace in an attractive office easily reachable by public transport.
LUMA Vision is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Would you like to become part of our team? We would love to hear from you and look forward to receiving your CV. Please apply below or send an e-mail to [email protected].
Apply for this position
Form on all careers post pages. If you edit this you edit it on all careers post pages